GUIDELINES FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE JOEL D KOPPLE AWARD OF
THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF KIDNEY FOUNDATIONS (IFKF)
The deadline for submission, initially August 1st, has been extended to 29 September 2016
Basis for the guidelines are the following procedural points re. outstanding performance.
- The Joel D Kopple Award (further referred to as JKA) will be awarded by a Jury to an organisation or individual for outstanding performance; re. Kidney disease – detection, prevention, treatment, care – during the IFKF Annual Meeting.
- Outstanding performance refers to any initiative or action resulting in a considerable and visible short term or long term internal or external impact.
- Internal impact can be growth in finances, membership or other organizational attributes, improved management, professionalizing etc of the organisation.
- External impact: any initiative or action resulting in the improvement of detection and prevention of kidney disease, treatment of kidney disease or care of the kidney patient.
- Measurement of outstanding performance will be considered in the context of the local environment and resources (income, financial resources, manpower, skill sets) available to the nominated organisation or individual at the time of the contributions.
- Outstanding performance will be described in a nominating letter including attachments, if any. The Jury can ask additional questions aimed at a better understanding of the performance.
Please read the procedure and guidelines, which can be downloaded here